Front page headlines! Named among the best disability bloggers! Included on different panels! While I am in the corner blushing, checkout these various interviews, guest posts, and other items featuring me.
Awards and Recognition:
“You should be following.”
“Best disability bloggers.”
Quotations enclose the above phrases because rather than my words, they echo others’ statements. Recognition started coming to my blog in 2017. Since then the acknowledgements continued arriving. Every single one an incredible honor!
- Stairlifts Reviews’ “100 Best Blogs for Disabled People and Carers That You Should Be Following“
- Shortlisted for HealthUnlocked’s “2017 Health Blogger of the Year” award
- Named among PortSkipper’s “13 Inspirational Blogs for Travelling with Disabilities“
- Ranked 17th by Feedspot on their “Top 40 Cerebral Palsy Blogs and Websites to Follow in 2019” list
- Amid the “The Best Disability Bloggers and Resources to Follow in 2019,” according to Age UK
Additionally, over the years I enjoyed receiving press covering my different accomplishments. Achievements including completing a FULL marathon (26.2 miles) and publishing my CP memoir Off Balanced. Such attention enhances the experience surrounding each accomplishment.
- “Zachary Fenell Finishes Towpath Marathon in Triumph After Nearly 12 Hours” (Sun News)
- “A Man, His Cane, and 26.2 ‘Unreasonable’ Miles to Prove His Own Doubts Wrong” (The Plain Dealer)
- “South Euclid Man Writes Book About Experiences Growing Up with Cerebral Palsy” (Sun News)
- “Teen with Disability Overcomes Embarrassment” (Roseville Today)
On the Air!:
Beyond the written platforms, I also possessed opportunities to share my story on the air! Whether an individual’s Youtube channel, formal podcasts, or mainstream morning radio, I am thankful. Every occurrence offers the chance to connect with new people.
- The Daryl Perry Podcast “RAF 009: Zach“
- Think Inclusive Podcast: Episode 17 “Zachary Fenell- the Cerebral Palsy Vigilante“
- Team IBB #IBBCommunity: “2017 Towpath Triology”: (Part 1) (Part 2) (Part 3)
- Team IBB #IBBCommunity: “Michael Mannozzi and Zachary Fenell Share Their Story“
- Team IBB #IBBTop3- Episode 2 “Blend Out!“
- The Handicap This Podcast- Episode 40 “High School From a CP Perspective”
- The Handicap This Podcast- Episode 16 “Interview with Zachary Fenell“
- A View From My Window
- The Inclusive Class: “What People are Saying About Inclusive Education“
- The Inclusive Class: “Growing Up with Inclusive Education“
- 93.0 WEOL Morning Show
- Able Pathways
An extension to the “On the Air!” links, I featured in a suicide prevention documentary A Tale of Two Mothers. The film explores the heartbreak two mothers encountered after losing sons to suicide. I supply supplemental insights, telling about a good friend I lost to suicide.
As a Contributor:
Before entering the spotlight, I stayed within the shadows shining the light. Working as a freelance writer, I interviewed many interesting people. You can still check those out at the following websites.
The transition from freelance writer to “The Cerebral Palsy Vigilante” slowly emerged when I began penning guest blog posts. Feedback I received encouraged me to keep broadening my reach. Please do keep the responses coming.
- Handicap This: “Striving for Greater Inclusion“
- Handicap This: “The Power of Gratitude“
- Life of the Differently Abled Blog: “How Cerebral Palsy Helped Shape My Work Ethic“
- Life of the Differently Abled Blog: “Online Dating and Cerebral Palsy“
- Life of the Differently Abled Blog: “Eliminating Disability Related Social Anxiety“
- Life of the Differently Abled Blog: “Zach’s Thoughts on Creating Cerebral Palsy Awareness“
- The Inclusive Class: “Three Tips to Thrive Socially Inside an Inclusive Classroom“
- Equality Time: “Perceptions’ Power to Influence Self-Image“
- The Mighty: “Dearest Cerebral Palsy: Thank You (Really)“
- The Mighty: “How I Completed a Half Marathon One Awkward Step at a Time“
- Carers Club: “How Emotional Support Helps People“
Readers Respond to Off Balanced and More!
To see what readers and reviewers say regarding my CP memoir, visit the “Off Balanced” page. Stay updated on my latest happenings by subscribing to my blog. Simply fill out the ensuing form!